- SUPPORTS LONGEVITY – Cordyceps has been shown in studies to promote longevity, this is believed to be through reversing age-related changes in gene expression.
- PROMOTES ATHLETIC PERFORMANCE – Several studies have shown cordyceps supplements may support improved athletic performance via benefits to maximum oxygen intake.
- SUPPORTS CARDIOVASCULAR HEALTH – Research suggests Cordyceps may be beneficial to cardiovascular health due to it containing adenosine.
- MADE IN THE USA – Our Cordyceps supplement is manufactured right here in the USA and is tested for purity and potency.
Cordyceps is a genus of fungi with a long history of use in traditional medicinal systems for a wide range of benefits and has become popular as a supplement for anti-aging, athletic performance, and cardiovascular and blood glucose support.
Our Cordyceps supplement is an extract standardized to 7% polysaccharides and is prepared from the entire fruiting body and mycellium of the Cordyceps Mushroom.
When taken as a dietary supplement the recommended daily dose of Cordyceps is 1000 – 2000 mg (2-4 capsules) taken on an empty stomach. If using Cordyceps to promote improved athletic performance its recommended to take it 1 hour before exercise.
While Cordyceps is safe at doses over 2000 mg, and sometimes people take doses of up to 3000 mg, side effects are more likely at high doses so we do not recommend taking more than 4 capsules per day.
Cordyceps Mushroom Extract Side Effects
Cordyceps are non-toxic and well tolerated by the body, but its use can exacerbate some health problems so people suffering from these issues should not take a cordyceps supplement:
- Cordyceps can cause increased symptoms in people suffering from autoimmune diseases.
- Cordyceps can slow blood clotting, and thus should be avoided by people with bleeding disorders.
- Cordyceps can increase the risk of bleeding during surgery, so should not be taken for 2 weeks before a surgery.
Cordyceps has numerous interactions with prescription drugs, and while none of these are severe or serious interactions if you are taking any prescription drugs we recommend talking to your physician about potential interactions before taking Cordyceps.